Mednafen PSX Lunar Silver Star Story - Can't swap discs

I really need help as I’m unable to proceed using disc 2.

I’m on Windows 8.1 64-bit. I’m using stable version 1.2.2, my Mednafen PSX core is updated to the latest. I’m using an .m3u playlist with Disc 1 and DIsc 2 as separate line items. I’m able to boot the game up with both Discs, so it’s not a problem with my files. I tested the process of cycling the tray and switching the discs with Final Fantasy VII, and that game worked fine, so that rules out user error on my part. I even tried the append disc option with Lunar and that failed as well. I’m really running out of options here.

I know the first thing that will be asked for is a log, but I really couldn’t figure out how to export a log from the XMB. If someone could help me out I’d really appreciate it. Also, Retroarch doesn’t crash, and the game doesn’t freeze or anything, it just doesn’t recognize that another disc has been inserted, so I’m not sure what kind of error would show up in a log.

hmmm try this eject tray, change disk, go back to the game for a few seconds, got back to the menu, close the tray, go back to the game

1 Like

Yup, that did it! Out of all the things I tried, I never thought to just go back to the game in between opening and closing. I guess it does kind of make sense though when you think about it. Thanks a lot!

yeah actually it’s easier to just go into menu settings and change pause libretro to off so the game keeps working in the background :stuck_out_tongue: