Mednafen PSX - Possibility to add pbp support?

Awesome, thank you so much for this.

So are you saying mednafen accepts pbp now? Sorry I’m confused

Yep, sure does, including official and multidisc ones.

I feel like I just was asking about this not long ago! Awesome! Gonna test out some games right now!

Is it possible to add the games in PBP format to the RetroArch menu? The automatic scanner seems to ignore the PBP files. The only way I’m aware of how to start a PSX game in PBP format is by loading the Mednafen PSX core and navigating manually to the PBP file each time I want to start the game. Any workarounds for this?

The easiest way to this is to edit the playlist file (if you have one) and add the PBP manually. This is what i do with .m3u files.

Example: D:\Games\Sony - Playstation\Final Fantasy IX (USA).m3u Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 1) (v1.1) DETECT DETECT 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl

Just replace the .m3u part with PBP and you are set.

[QUOTE=Arviel;54151]The easiest way to this is to edit the playlist file (if you have one) and add the PBP manually. This is what i do with .m3u files.

Example: D:\Games\Sony - Playstation\Final Fantasy IX (USA).m3u Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 1) (v1.1) DETECT DETECT 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl

Just replace the .m3u part with PBP and you are set.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! This will be useful to know! :slight_smile:

Has this been improved? I don’t want to manually create my playlist because I have a lot of games and it’s stupid work.

Nope, PBP files still don’t scan. You can use a playlist utility to generate playlists for you, though.

Which one would you recommend?

I don’t actually use any myself, but I think there’s one called RetroInvader that’s supposed to work pretty well.

Has there been anything going on regarding PBP scan support? Is there anything we can do to help?

Nothing that I know of. We’ve been hovering around the idea of overhauling the playlists and scanning altogether, which I think would correct the issue, as it would allow for scanning without involving the databases.