Mednafen PSX, ver 1.36 PC

So i was playing around with quick menu and i was able to change my Renderer to OPengl instead of software. After messing around with shaders it set itself back to Software and i cannot change it from this halp

make sure you’re using the *-HW core. The OpenGL renderer is disabled in the regular version because it’s still an experimental feature.

Hey guys, I ran Mednafen for the first time and it worked but was laggy. I have no probs running SNES or Sega and many others. So anyway after I ran the PSX it went pretty laggy and I quit out of Retroarch so I could start fresh and maybe tweak some settings. When I booted up Retroarch again it was still laggy (Had no core running or anything). I tried to reboot my PC and run it again and same thing happens. So now whenever I run Retroarch it’s just too laggy to do anything. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

I even downloaded the newest Retroarch from the buildbot but to no avail. I’ve got an i5 GeForce 330 2GB and 4GB RAM. Help Please!

Find your retroarch.cfg, back it up and then move/delete it from your RetroArch directory. Re-launch and see if it’s any better. If so, you have a bad setting somewhere. If not, it’s something wrong elsewhere on your machine.

Hey thanks! That has fixed the problem, however, a new problem has arisen. Now on launch my usb gamepad doesn’t work. Any ideas? Also I’m terrible at navigating with mouse and keys. Thanks

Thtat’s probably because it can’t find your autoconfig files.

Delete your config one more time and then copy/rename retroarch-default.cfg to retroarch.cfg. That one is a basic config that points to the internal directory structure instead of the basic program defaults.

If that still doesn’t resolve it, go to settings > directories and make sure your autoconfig directory is set to something sensible and then go to the online updater and re-fetch the autoconfig profiles.

Thanks again, I ended up just remapping the controller and saved auto config. Any ideas on how to get PSX to play well? Can my PC handle?

i think it should be okay at the normal resolution. That is, you probably won’t be able to do any internal resolution increases in the core options, but it should be fast enough at native.

Thanks, its working great now. Can i be a pain once more and ask if you know how to delete double ups (of games) in the list of the menus? For example I scanned the same directory twice and now I have double ups! Cheers

You just have to delete the playlist and re-scan. You can find where they’re stored in settings > directory > playlist dir

Legend mate. Cheers.

Any idea why when I scan directory that only some of the games populate the menu. The types that aren’t showing are CCD, Disc Image (ISO I think), ECM, MCR, MDF, SFV, SUB

I think the databases only have redump bin/cues for disc images.

I forgot to thank you last time! So thanks! Now, I’m wondering if you could help me again. I have added some of my psx games to the library, however, some of them have not shown up. I can actually go Load content>Select file and detect core and then choose the games that aren’t showing up from the library scan and play them, but ideally I would like to access them quickly from the library (Perfect world!).

Are they redump bin/cues? If not, they won’t show up. I think the scanning goes from CRC hash of the cue sheet, so if you’ve modified them at all, they won’t get picked up, either.

Sorry for being a bit of a noob. What do you mean by redump? Is there a way to make this work?

Redump is a database/preservation group. They catalog known-good “verified” dumps of games, like No-Intro does for cartridge-based games.

We only support those sets for our scanning feature but there are some utilities available that can create playlists without going through our database system. Retro Invader is one, I forget what the others are called but you can find them floating around the forum.

[QUOTE=TonyMayo;45857]Hey guys, I ran Mednafen for the first time and it worked but was laggy. I have no probs running SNES or Sega and many others. So anyway after I ran the PSX it went pretty laggy and I quit out of Retroarch so I could start fresh and maybe tweak some settings. When I booted up Retroarch again it was still laggy (Had no core running or anything). I tried to reboot my PC and run it again and same thing happens. So now whenever I run Retroarch it’s just too laggy to do anything. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

I even downloaded the newest Retroarch from the buildbot but to no avail. I’ve got an i5 GeForce 330 2GB and 4GB RAM. Help Please![/QUOTE]

see of the vsync is on in your video settings , i have found that if it is on especailly with desmu it lags badly …