Mednafn psx black screen

I can´t get newer versions of retroarch to work with mednafn psx. The newer plugin works for me but only in version 1.0.0.2. any newer version gives me a black screen. I don´t know if other people have the same problem as I searched the forum and only found problems related to missing bios. I turned on verbose log and this is how it ended in 1.2.2. if you need more info just ask me. I’m happy to do some more tests.

PS-X Realtime Kernel Ver.2.5 Copyright 1993,1994 © Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. KERNEL SETUP!

Configuration : EvCB 0x10 TCB 0x04 Exception: 0000000a @ PC=0x8005a2f4(IBDS=0) – IPCache=0x00 – IPEND=0x00 – SR=0x00000000 ; IRQC_Status=0x0001 – IRQC_Mask=0x0000

Do you have rewind turned on? If so, try turning it off. I was getting a black screen with mednafen-vb and that’s what was causing it. If that doesn’t work, try moving your retroarch.cfg to another directory so it will generate a clean one for you.

rewind was turned off it was a new install. i only pointed it to the bios and tried to load a game. i also deleted the config, setup again and no change.i tried on another pc with windows 8.1 i get the same result, and on ubuntu too from the nighlty ppa.

I dont know if it’s related but the core was less than 5meg andnow is around 13.

i fixed my problem. newer versions of mednafen flag my bios as a bad dump. it worked in previous versions so i thought it was ok. hope this helps someone else save some time.

ah, good to know. thanks for posting your solution!