Megaman 8 and tales of destiny 2 is not working using mednafen hw/sw cores

I do a folder scan and those games in particular (mm8 and tales) dont show up on the list. I try to load game manually using mednafen psx cores and retroarch crashes.

has anyone gotten these games to work??? ive tried different copies. loaded bin and cue files. and nothing.

sidenote: these games work fine in epsxe.

EDIT: I cant get castlvania symphony of the night working neither.

And also…im on windows 10.

heres a link of the log. http://pastebin.com/raw/J5BKMegW

sorry for double post. I mistakenly posted this thread in the playstation section.

Like I said over there, SoN works fine for me. I haven’t tried the others.

Do any PSX games work for you? That log looks fine to me. That is, I don’t see any errors.

[QUOTE=hunterk;49900]Like I said over there, SoN works fine for me. I haven’t tried the others.

Do any PSX games work for you? That log looks fine to me. That is, I don’t see any errors.[/QUOTE]

That’s strange. Eveytime i load up megaman 8 retroarch crashes. Cue and bin file. Same with sotn.

I have 40 psx games. And only 33 show up during the folder scan. The 33 games that show up work flawlessly. The 7 missing games are the ones that dont work. When I try to force load them manually,I get a crash.

All 40 games work fine in epsxe. But not in retroarch (mednafen sw/hw core).

I have scph5500, scph5501, scph5502 bios in the system folder.

I tried different copies of sotn and mm8. All with same result in retroarch.

Can anybody confirm if megaman 8 works?

I just tried both, Castlevania SoN and Mega Man 8, using mednafen psx, not the harware one as the hardware core is not working since the last updates, and Reicast.

Mega Man 8 worked well, SoN stuck in a black screen, I’ll find another copy and try again. If you want I can also post my configs, if it’s of some help.

Check your .cue files with a text editor to make sure they are pointing to the correct .bin. You could also try using .pbp versions of the non-working games. I had working bin/cue versions of all three of those games that worked fine and still work converted to .pbp.

Yeah Awakened’s idea seems likely, either that or some other dumb little thing that you’ll be kicking yourself for overlooking once you figure it out. But both games work fine on my end.

As far as scanning for the games, I wouldn’t bother using RetroArch to scan for a playlist with that (and most, to be quite frank) systems. What I would do if I were you is download this: http://pastebin.com/SrwNJ48s

Click on download, and after you save it, rename it so that it doesn’t end with ;

It will be named “shifty’s_retroarch_playlist_script.bat”

Right click on it and choose to open it with notepad, the instructions are fairly straightforward. I’d make a copy of it before you alter it, so you know what everything looked like before you started.

Also, I’m pretty sure you have to load the .cue files, and not the .bin.

1 Like

UPDATE: I ended up finding different copies of mm8 and sotn. And they work flawlessly.

I guess it was a CUE file error after all in my original copies.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP!

I was just about to post the a new copy of SotN worked fine, so it was our copies that had problems after all.