Memory leak on Debian Stretch with RetroArch Flatpak 1.6.3

Hi guys,

yesterday I left Retroarch downloading a Mame database that took all nightlong to download itself and in the morning I found Retroarch consuming all the ram available (6 giga) plus 2 giga of Swap. Closing the application the memory was cleaned up. Please take notice that Retroarch is running alone in a special and extra light Xfce4 session(1) on Debian Stretch AMD64.

(1) no xfdesktop, no thunar as daemon, no xfsettings daemon, no pulseaudio, no special services, no screensaver, no xfwm4 as windows session but openbox. Applications launched for session: Retroarch, xfce4-panel with simple menu, retroarch launcher, tray for nm-applet, volti.

@Danielsan Can you recompile RA with ASAN enabled to show us where the leaks are? It’s just “make SANITIZER=address”.

Hi, I don’t be sure I am able to compile by myself Retroarch but if you provide another flatpak bundle compiled to do bug triage I will installed it beside the current one.

Sorry, I don’t know anything about flatpak, but we do have a compilation guide here:

https://bot.libretro.com/docs/compilation/ubuntu/