Menu Scrolling when using keyboard or controller

Hey guys did a search and couldn’t find anyone else having this problem. When I am in the menu for retro arch, if i use the arrow keys on the keyboard or the d-pad on my ps4 controller the menu scrolls wildly. I have tried removing retro arch and re-installing. Since the problem persists after a re-install this leads me to believe there is a config file staying persistent after a install, removal, then re-install. If anyone could point me in a direction to remove or modify a file it would be appreciated. I am using mint linux 17.3 if that helps at all.

Found the solution to my problem, after some searching on other posts I found this command. This removed the persistent file and configuration that was causing the problem.

rm ~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

now onto the second problem I am having. I have three listing for snes games. I would like to remove the list of games retroarch currently has listed. Again I will search the forums and google for a solution. I have a feeling it is another config file that needs to be removed.

ok so after some google searching, I found that /.config is a hidden folder under the home directory. So opening my home directory, then going to the top menu and selecting view, show hidden files. This would list hidden directories. I then went into home/username/.config/retroarch/playlists/ Here I had 3 files which reference the 3 snes game system listings I had in retroarchs menu system. Once I deleted these files the game system links went away. Sorry to post all of this but If it helps a new user it was worth it. If not the mods can delete this post.

You’re right: any problem you/ve run into is likely to be a problem someone has or will run into previously/eventually, so thanks for posting your solutions :slight_smile:

For the menu going crazy, it sounds like you had disabled vsync at some point, which can happen if you hit the spacebar (the default hotkey for vsync enable/disable).