Menu text gibberish in 1.2.1

After updating RetroArch on my Galaxy Note 4, the text on the menu is messed up and mostly cannot be navigated without guidance:

[QUOTE=Phazon;25463]After updating RetroArch on my Galaxy Note 4, the text on the menu is messed up and mostly cannot be navigated without guidance:

http://i.imgur.com/bn0jQsTl.jpg[/QUOTE]

Same issue on my LG G3, had to revert to previous version, shame as this is my favorite android app

Hopefully its a minor issue that can be fixed

It runs perfect in my GPD Q9 , so perhaps is an issue with some devices only.

Try changing the menu driver to RGUI until this issue is resolved.

Both the LG G3 and Galaxy Note 4 have Quad HD (2560x1440) resolution, could that be the issue? I dunno just thinking out loud.

Thanks

It’s apparently caused by the DPI being >500. The triage fix is to clamp DPI at 499 or whatever, but that’s obviously not ideal. Expect a small update that does something like that soon.

I have a similar issue, though not quite as extreme, on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I get a very abbreviated menu option list and then a bunch of open space.

I switched to RGUI but now I have an even bigger issue. When I run Retroarch, tap “Load Retroarch”, it goes into the RGUI menu. I get no screen controller overlay so I can’t do anything. Sometimes if I hit the home button, switch to another app, switch back to retroarch the overlay will then show up, but sometimes not. And if I go into the menu from the game it’s missing too. Wild guess that this may be from the auto hide overlay for touch screen menu support?

EDIT: I turned off “Hide controller in menu” to test, quit retroarch, load again. Same problem but it’s not a valid test because of another apparent issue – my settings are not “sticking”. Arrrrgh…