MESS current core for Android?

Hello!

I understand the whole current MAME core isn’t possible on Android due to build issues, but would be possible to get a separate MESS core so we can run games that aren’t just Arcade ones?

I don’t like a lot to depend on old cores to do this, so a separate Mess core would be very awesome.

Thank you for your hard work!

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it just be better to use the Cores for those Systems?

The Game & Watch games and other electronic handheld on MAME (for example) are just better than the separate core which is from Madrigal. Would be cool to at least add those :c

A dedicated mess core would be very interesting. I am currently running the mess “m20” system driver on an old mame core which still had mess support. Likewise, I don’t like to depend on this old core which is no longer officially available. Also from my side, thanks a lot for the hard work. Running the M20 system on Android has been working excitingly well oob, so I hope it can again be officially supported.

1 Like

I’ve added a PR to re-create a mess core with support for all systems. Let’s see how it goes. https://github.com/libretro/mame/pull/342

3 Likes

Thanks, hopefully something comes out of this. Really appreciated!!

1 Like

The PR was merged and the new “Multi (MESS)” core should now be available via the online core updater on Android64.

Thanks everyone who provided testing feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes