Metal slug x neogeo have input lag ? (or am I crazy)

Good gentlemen, I request your knowledge with this very doubtful doubt

I started playing metal slug and I started jumping like crazy moving forward on the screen, that is, jumping and when I just fell, another jump and so on, I noticed that in the game metal slug X neogeo emulated in retroarch either in win or linux after about 3 jumps as the control does not “respond” and it is difficult to make the other jump

Another interesting fact: I tried the PS1 port and the same thing happened, I mean.

It is well known that the ms2 neogeo has a terrible slowdown but the curious thing is that when jumping, as I explain in the parts without slowdown, the jumps do not present any input

In summary, it seems that the msX game was somewhat relieved of the slowness of the ms2, but in exchange for that it presents input lag.

Has anyone else noticed that or else did I know how to explain it?

I clarify in all other metals that doesn’t happen or at least I don’t “notice” it.

All neogeo games have an average input lag of 3 frames, and mslugx doesn’t seem any different, so i’m not entirely sure i understand what you are asking about.

On a sidenote, about mslug2, there is a hack named mslug2t (aka “Metal Slug 2 Turbo”), where the slowdowns were removed.

Hello, what I want to say is that when you jump in the other metal slugs 1 2 3 4 5 you don’t feel that input like in the X

maybe it’s not the end of the world

Hmmm i think i understand what you mean : mslugx seems more finicky than mslug2 when quickly chaining jumps. I’m not sure if it should be called input lag or not though.

My mslug2t recommendation remains if it’s bothering you.