MFi controllers fixed in latest build

Hey all. I teamed up with TwinAphex last night to get MFi controllers working on non-jailbroken devices. It should work now, even with support for multiple MFi controllers connected simultaneously. Currently you won’t be able to connect both iCade and MFi controllers, so be wary of that.

In order to test, pull latest code and build. It should also be included on the next nightly. Thanks all :slight_smile:

WooHoo, I’ll be buying that new Gamevice controller that’s coming out for iPhone 6/6s soon!

Do PS3/Ps4 controllers work?

Ps3 controller working like a charm gonna test ps4 now

Awesome! Thanks for your hard work, I’ve been looking forward to this feature! Sadly, looks like the latest nightly crashes every time I load a rom.

vinikun: Sounds like we need to meet again and try to get others involved in the testing to see if we can narrow down this new crashing bug. I haven’t had it happen for me yet but this does worry me that so many users are getting it.

Confirmed, PS4 aka Dualshock 4 working as good as PS3 controller,

Ok cool, yeah, I can try to be on. Sorry, been really busy the past few weeks, often working till midnight. Game development :stuck_out_tongue:

my MFI controller doesn’t work with the latest build? can’t map controls as it doesn’t respond? I’ve downloaded the build on the xydia repo is this the one you mean?

my MFI controller doesn’t work with the latest build? can’t map controls as it doesn’t respond? I’ve downloaded the build on the cydia repo is this the one you mean?

You need to map it in the settings.

[QUOTE=Holo;31473]You need to map it in the settings.[/QUOTE] it doesn’t work as the controller doesn’t respond as I stated above, it’s not my controller as it’s connected and works with all other apps, it’s the same problem we’ve had since the new builds came out, MFI controllers (NOT Controllers mapped using Controllers for all such as PS3/PS4) but controllers built especially for iPhones such as the one I have (Steelseries Stratus) don’t function in it at all, I think I’m using the latest build, I downloaded it from the Cydia repo the other day but still exactly the same problem as before :frowning:

I am in the same position using the same controller (Steelseries Stratus)

I’m glad to hear it’s not just me then! It worked fine on older versions of Retroarch it’s such a shame :frowning: I completed Zelda O.O.T. And Super Mario 64 with all 120 stars. hopefully this updated version hasn’t made it to Cydia yet and that’s why it isn’t working for us.

Just seen that there was a new nightly made available either last night or the night before and tried it, it’s finally working! Can’t thank you guys enough for finally getting this up and running for us MFi controller people, now to replay a few old classics as they were intended :slight_smile: thanks again!

lol nothing has changed in this front for a while… so I guess you just had an outdated build or something

Would you mind describing what settings you are using? Are you using CFA? A little info on how you got it to work would be nice…after installing the latest nightly my user 1 binds list has removed the button binds and direction control binds from the list

@Radius: I guess so? I just happened to flick Cydia on this morning though and it told me there was an update available for Retroarch so I upgraded to it, perhaps the update has only gone live on the repo today as I checked a day or two ago and there was nothing? Anyway it’s working now and I’m extremely happy :slight_smile:

@Nerve: after updating to the latest build from the Retroarch Cydia repo it does seem to remove individual bind keys from the list, however, by using the “User 1 Bind All” option which is the 4th option after you go into the “Input User 1 Binds” menu I was able to get my Stratus working! I did encounter a couple of bugs though which were weird, the Stratus wouldn’t always connect first time so I made sure it was working by first trying an app/game that already worked to make sure it was properly connected, also when mapping the buttons/Dpad/analogues, if you missed out binding any keys it would sometimes not let you bind others as they would be removed from the process, an example is I decided not to map a key for “select” so “start” wouldn’t show as it was cycling through all the other keys/directions to map! I also had a problem where it would let me map all the analogues except “right” on the right stick but again that was down to me missing mapping one of the right triggers such as R2 or something, bizarre! Anyway I managed to fumble my way through it in the end and mapped certain buttons to a key or trigger twice which aren’t used such as start and also right trigger 2 to the same button as they won’t interfere on N64 stuff! anyway I hope that’s not too confusing a description, I’ve tried to make it as easy as possible to understand! After this I think you can also map individual control layouts for specific cores and even games but so far I’ve tried N64, Playstation and Saturn and they all work great :slight_smile:

Oh and no, you don’t need Controllers For All, that’s for mapping other controllers such as PS3 or Xbox to mimic an MFi controller as far as I know, no need for us though as ours work right out of the box :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile: I’ll give it another try without controllers for all! Cheers

You’re welcome, just follow my instructions and you should be up and running in no time :slight_smile: