Mfi Steelseries Nimbus controller on osx Mavericks?

Hi I have the steelseries nimbus controller working great on retroarch ios 9.2 but cant get it to work on the latest nightly for osx. When the app starts it actually says “nibus not configured”. I go to input settings and try to bind all as i did on ios but get no response. One thing i have noticed is that there is a mfi option under joypad driver on ios, but on osx there is only hud. Is there a mfi driver for osx? Thanks in advance.

I think MFi controller support was introduced in OS X Yosemite, which is why your controller’s not being detected on Mavericks.

Have you Plugged the controller into the mac via lightning cable? It might be a Yosemite or above only thing.

Slight bump. Updated my osx to El capitan and the latest release 1.3.0 (even tried the nightly). Still not working unfortunately, when the app launches it just says “nibus not configured”. Ive also tried to plug it in via the lightning cable, no luck.

Ive established that both the left and right analogue sticks are both being recognised, but none of the buttons or triggers. This is a good thing right? i just need to find out how to make the other buttons work. Any ideas? Thanks.

When I have built and launched RetroArch from Xcode, I can see with debugger that only analog sticks are detected (as @Izzle211 mentioned) I proposed an algorithm and a QUICK FIX here : https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4816 Now I can use my Nimbus controller with RetroArch on OS X :wink: