Minor Issues

These are a few small issues I’ve encountered that don’t really warrant their own threads.

[ul] [li]When starting up SuperGrafx games for the first time Mednafen PCE Fast will show up in the list of possible cores even though it’s not actually compatible.[/li][li]Mednafen SuperGrafx v0.9.36 and MAME 2014 0.159 are missing the Core Input Remapping option for some reason.[/li][li]The boot list for NES games is messed up as shown in this screen cap. Several entries are displayed twice and Start Content appears in the middle of the list instead of at the top which is slightly annoying. This does not happen for any other console as far as I know.[/li][li]The wallpaper completely hides your content when viewing the interface. The only solution to this problem I’ve found is to delete bg.png from /assets/xmb/monochrome/png.[/li][li]Also is there any way to change which core is assigned to a particular game without editing the playlist file?[/li][/ul]

I just copied the input descriptors from the pce-fast core over to the supergrafx core, so remapping should work now, hopefully. MAME isn’t going to get them because it would need them for each driver, which would be a huge, crazy task unless someone figures out how to get them directly from the core itself, as was recently done with FBA.

EDIT: for the wallpaper thing, if you want to see the game underneath it, you can open the wallpaper image in photoshop/gimp and make it semi-transparent. It should respect the alpha transparency:

I’ve had a small problem with RetroArch 1.3. My computer likes to produce a very loud pop when it loads a game with gambatte, Mednafen VB or Mednafen PCE Fast (though it’s not as common). I’m worried it could damage the speakers. The system I’m using is a late 2012 Macbook Pro with Retina Display.