Missing 1st and 2nd generation cores

As much as I love RetroArch, one thing that’s missing is many 1st and 2nd gen console cores. Here’s a list of some potential cores and some details on the emulators:

-Magnavox Odyssey:

[ul] [li]Odyemu (DOS based emulator with very high compatibility, the only thing they’re missing is overlays for most games, but that’s just an aesthetic issue)[/li][/ul] -Mattel Intellivision:

[ul] [li]jzintv - Windows, Linux and OS X based emulator (This emulator is on beta 4 and has medium level compatibility)[/li][/ul]

[ul] [li]Nostalgia - Windows (Windows only unfortunately, but high accuracy and the best standalone Intellivision emulator)[/li][/ul] -ColecoVision:

[ul] [li]ColEm (multiplatform emulator with very high compatibility and updated frequently; maybe the best standalone ColecoVision emulator)[/li][/ul] -Atari 5200

[ul] [li]Altirra (cycle accurate emulator that is Windows based; best option for Atari 5200)[/li][/ul]

-Fairchild Channel F:

[ul] [li]MESS based emulator (if there are any standalone, alternative emulators to MESS for this platform, please let me know)[/li][/ul] -Bally Astrocade:

[ul] [li]MESS based emulator (if there are any standalone, alternative emulators to MESS for this platform, please let me know)[/li][/ul] -Emerson Arcadia 2001 [ul] [li] MESS based emulator (if there are any standalone, alternative emulators to MESS for this platform, please let me know)[/li][/ul]

I’ve heard people talk about the possible implementation of Altirra on these forums. I’ve also just realized that blueMSX can also play ColecoVision games. However, I’m not aware of the level of compatibility with blueMSX’s ColecoVision games. I’m also going to assume that ColEm was many more core features and is a better standalone option.

Let me know if you guys have any plans on implementing these cores. Thanks :slight_smile:

I apologize for the necropost, but apparently newly registered accounts can’t create a new topic.

RA has cores for both MESS and MAME. Both standalone MESS and MAME emulators cover tons of systems.

The LibRetro docs have no documentation at all on the MESS core. The MAME documentation doesn’t say anything about using the MAME core to try and emulate other systems, though I’ve read that people have successfully done exactly that.

Has anyone used the MESS or MAME cores to emulate other systems? If so, what would the command line syntax look like?

More specifically, has anyone used them to emulate any of the following?

• Casio Loopy
  • Casio PV-1000
  • CD-i
  • Chip-8
  • Emerson Arcadia
  • Entex Adventure Vision
  • Epoch Super Cassete Vision
  • Fairchild Channel F
  • Funtech Super A’can
  • GamePark GP32
  • Microvision
  • RCA Studio II