Missing audio device ID

I’m trying to get Retroarch to output sound to an HDMI TV not set as the default device for Windows. I had it working at one point, but while I was going through the settings on my TV, somehow the speakers got turned off and Windows wound up dropping the device ID for it. The speakers are on again and I can play with the TV in the Windows audio output devices menu, but I can’t find the TV when I play with the numbers attached to Retroarch’s audio_device string. I can set audio_device to 0 and get Retroarch to play to my TV as the default device, but only when my TV is the default, and I wanna have my desktop speakers as my default.

I’m using Windows 7 Home Premium, the Retroarch nightly from the 22nd (because NoYouMayNotAMA told me to), my sound is apparently being piped through a GeForce 550 Ti, and I have three audio devices attached to my system: my analog sound port is at 1, my TV used to be at 2 and doesn’t have a number anymore, and my USB headset used to be at 3 and is now at 2 ever since my TV ID got lost.