Missing core option for ppsspp

Hi,

I tried today the ppsspp core, as I thought it was rewritten some months ago and it should work ok. Unfortunately, though it works ok for the most part, it has an important missing feature (I would not consider it a bug). Itr’s related to texture filtering. The standalone ppsspp has an option, inside “Graphics > Texture filtering” named “Texture filtering”, with optional values “Auto - Nearest - Linear - Linear on FMV”. This is a very important setting, it must be set to Nearest so that 2D sprites don’t look blurry and to avoid texture borders artifacts.

Unfortunately, the libretro ppsspp core does not seem to have this option, and it seems to be hardcoded on Linear value, which is horrendous.

I think there was a similar bug report here about one year ago or so, but somebody answered than the core was extremely outdated and that was the reason for the missing option. But here we are with the actual rewritten core and the option is yet missing.

Greetings and congratulations for such a great emulator.

Here is a patch. Hopefully, somebody will kindly look at it and implement it in the official repository.

Ah, thanks, but is there any compiled binary?

I could compile a binary for you if you are using Linux, otherwise I can’t.

Thanks for your offer, but I’m a Windows guy. I’ll use the standalone emu until they decide to fix the core. Greetings

Good news! They made the changes in the official repository. Keep an eye on the buildbot :wink:

Hey thx for the advice! I’ll try it. Greetings