Missing music in Saturn games

Hi All,

I’ve run into a problem with some Saturn games (for example, - Hyper Duel and Elevator Action Returns) where their music is completely absent. The sound effects work fine though. This is on 1.3.6 on Windows 10.

I’ve tested the same BIN/CUE files on Yabause (stand alone) and Yabause (in OpenEmu on OS X) and the music works fine there.

Not sure if the audio in question is red book or not.

Is there any way to fix this?

This isn’t actually a fix, but have you tried the new mednafen-saturn core?

How do I get that to work? I’ve tried manually loading the Mednafen Saturn core but when I load a Saturn .cue file Retroarch always automatically loads Yabause.

power drift is the same, sound fx work fine but no music.

If you’re loading from a playlist, you would have to go to settings > playlist and associate it with the mednafen-saturn core instead of yabause. Try just loading the core manually and then go to ‘load content’ > select file.

I managed to get Mednafen working but that’s also missing music, and worse, the emulation is just generally much worse than Yabause. Poor frame rates and crackling sound effects.

Your disk images are messed up and / or you have to play with some settings. Mednafen Saturn core is light years ahead of Yabause. If you are getting poor framerates and sound issues then your pc isn’t fast enough or you got messed up settings. Other than 3dpad analog controls the Mednafen core is running like a champ for me.

[QUOTE=lordmonkus;46609]Your disk images are messed up and / or you have to play with some settings. Mednafen Saturn core is light years ahead of Yabause. If you are getting poor framerates and sound issues then your pc isn’t fast enough or you got messed up settings. Other than 3dpad analog controls the Mednafen core is running like a champ for me.[/QUOTE]

To sort of elaborate on this, if you have a LARGE collection of disc games on your computer… Defrag that SOB. It’s a simple step, but one often overlooked.

I was having lots of problems with my PSX games after building my collection before it occured to me to defrag the hundreds of gigs I had installed.

Elevator Action Returns has perfect music with mednafen for me. Possibly something is wrong with your disc images.