Missing SNES Icon retroarch Nvidia Shield

Hi all, Can anyone help me fix the black box I have for all my SNES games?

(i replied half-awake)

Any of the snes9x varieties should work on it.

Usually, black boxes suggest missing/incomplete assets. Have you tried re-fetching the asset package from the online updater?

1 Like

This might be related:

Missing core icon

1 Like

Yup tried that. Iā€™ve reinstalled retroarch a second time and this happened both times. Iā€™ll try finding the .pngs like suggested below. Iā€™ll check it out when I get home today. I really want to get this working well on my nvidia. Itā€™ll be nice to have one less dedicated system in my entertainment center. :smiley:

Thanks I will try this tonight! Everything functions, but the icons are just black boxes. (Had to remove the headers from my roms as they werenā€™t showing up).

Well I installed retroarch on my mac at work. I can show package content fine on a mac app, but is this going to be possible on an android system (nvidia shield)?

Yes, I have a Shield Tablet and everything works and looks as it should.

Which snes core do you use?

Well what fixed it for me was to remove the word ā€œHacksā€ of the SNES playlist. Works perfectly now.

I had the same/similar issue with windows. I got a new laptop a few weeks ago and the SNES playlist looked just like it always had. I ended up returning that laptop and just got another new one. When I installed the latest nightly tonight I updated the cores, databases, etc. and when I scanned those same SNES games they showed up in a SNES Hacks playlist with the black box instead of the usual icon. Removing ā€˜hacksā€™ from the playlist title did fix the icon issue, but I do notice that the names listed in the playlist now use the (U)/(E)/(J) naming convention instead of the (USA)/(Europe)/(Japan) that I always had before. All of my roms are .sfc files if that matters/helps.

1 Like

Yeah mine end up with that naming convention too. I edited the playlist to jest remove those characters at the end of the names to clean them up.