Mouse grab feature doesn't work in Google TV (Chromecast 4)

Hi everyone, this is a follow-up issue based on my development suggestion here:

As agreed there with @hunterk I am opening a new issue for the following reason: I was able to install Retroarch flawlessly on my new Google TV device and I would like to use a physical mouse to play Amiga/ScummVM games. The problem is that when using a physical mouse I can see two mouse pointers: one from the P-UAE Emulator or ScummVM and the one from Android. The mouse grab feature is configured via settings > input > hotkeys (so F11 should do the trick) and the configuration in general is the default one. I’ve mapped it also to different keyboard keys (e.g. simply to “q”) and also to Gamepad keys but there was no change in the behavior. What I had noticed last how the behavior is when e.g. using a Linux desktop environment (I had used Linux Mint 20). As it seems the mouse grab feature is applied automatically there which is not the case for Google TV.

1 Like

Just want to mention that the issue first occurred on Retroarch 1.8.9. Today I have updated to 1.9.0 but the result is unfortunately the same. There’s always a second mouse pointer (the one from Android) displayed which impacts the one shown by e.g. ScummVM.