Mouse/keyboard/controller not working in recent versions on Nexus player

On my Nexus Player when I load any recent version (stable, Play Store, nightlies) after 1.2 brings me into a menu where I get the choice to Load RetroArch or Quit RetroArch. If I load into RetroArch I can’t control it at all with my Nexus Player remote, 360 Controller, mouse, or keyboard.

On 1.2 stable I can load cores, change settings, etc. however I don’t seem to have the manager to download cores that I’ve been reading about.

I’ve heard talk about a leanback interface, but when I load into RetroArch I see the exact same interface as on my phone.

My Nexus Player is up to date with Marshmallow.

Any ideas?

On my Nexus Player, the only controller that worked for me was my 8bitdo NES… All my others weren’t recognized…

[QUOTE=louiedog;29916]On my Nexus Player when I load any recent version (stable, Play Store, nightlies) after 1.2 brings me into a menu where I get the choice to Load RetroArch or Quit RetroArch. If I load into RetroArch I can’t control it at all with my Nexus Player remote, 360 Controller, mouse, or keyboard.

On 1.2 stable I can load cores, change settings, etc. however I don’t seem to have the manager to download cores that I’ve been reading about.

I’ve heard talk about a leanback interface, but when I load into RetroArch I see the exact same interface as on my phone.

My Nexus Player is up to date with Marshmallow.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I’m having the exact same problem. The menu is completely unresponsive after selecting “Load RetroArch”. Do you also get a very simple white text on black menu? If I go home then try to load it a second time, the menu loads with an overlay of virtual gamepad buttons, also all unresponsive.