MSX Core and lightgun games

I just installed the bluemsx core on android, but the virtual keyboard doesn’t seem to work (had the same issue with the fmsx core). Is there a way to enable it? I couldn’t get the trigger for the lightgun to work in the Nestopia, Genesis Plus GX, or SNES cores either. Genesis Plus GX core even shows the cursor when the option is selected, but there seems to be no way to fire. This is a major issue and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Edit: In the option menu, I can only choose from MSX, MSX2+, and MSX TurboR. Are CV and SG1000 not supported for the Android core?

Anyone knows? I have the same issue.

I found out how the use the keyboard in the MSX cores. Player 1 has to be set to RetroKeyboard in the general input options while the core is active. The controls have to be set back to Retropad to use external pads, though.

[QUOTE=Brianvgplayer;38234]I just installed the bluemsx core on android, but the virtual keyboard doesn’t seem to work (had the same issue with the fmsx core). Is there a way to enable it? I couldn’t get the trigger for the lightgun to work in the Nestopia, Genesis Plus GX, or SNES cores either. Genesis Plus GX core even shows the cursor when the option is selected, but there seems to be no way to fire. This is a major issue and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Edit: In the option menu, I can only choose from MSX, MSX2+, and MSX TurboR. Are CV and SG1000 not supported for the Android core?[/QUOTE]

Genesis Plus GX core will play SG1000 ROMs, and so will the MAME core if you set it up correctly.

I’m aware the Genesis Plus GX core supports SG1000, but it’s a feature of the standalone bluemsx and the core list says it’s for msx, colecovision, and sg1000 when the libretro core only seems to support msx. Bluemsx is also one of the better CV emulators on windows, so I was hoping for CV support.

AAaargh. I’ve spent about 7 or 8 hours now struggling to find a way to emulate Colecovision within RetroArch. The MESS core is such a pain and there are so many hoops to jump through I gave up using that. BlueMSX core is great, supposedly, and I’ve seen a few people posting questions about how the controllers don’t support keypad mapping once you get a coleco rom loaded so I was absolutely sure it was possible…

But now I come here and verify what I’ve suspected for a few hours now. No matter what I do, BlueMSX core always loads up in MSX mode and there’s no way to switch it to Colecovision (at least in the Windows build). Is this literally removed/disabled? Is it possible for you guys to enable it? Pretty please?