Multiplayer doesn't work with some games, but why? (Player 2 can't control his char)

So I have 2 original SNES controllers with two Mayflash SNES/NES/MD2 Adapters hooked up to my PC, both get recognized without problems.

At first I wanted to test it out with Super Mario World but my second controller couldn’t move Luigi at all. Then I switched to NES and started Super Mario Bros. and it was the same problem. Then I thought I’ve misconfigured something but I couldn’t figure out what, so I fired up Bubble Bobble and to my surprise it worked fine, Super Mario Bros. 3 also worked fine with 2 controllers and the same goes for Super Double Dragon.

So why doesn’t it work with SMW and SMB but with some other games? I don’t have per game configs enabled and as you can see, this affects NES and SNES.

Which NES core are you using? If Nestopia, can you try FCEUmm? When it’s not working, do P1’s inputs control P2?

Nestopia yeah, same with FCEUmm and no P1 doesn’t control P2.

if you plug in just one pad and assign it to P2, does it work okay? that is, with P1 on the keyboard and P2 on the pad?

So I just tried using my keyboard as P1 and Xbox 360 controller as P2 and P2 couldn’t do anything again, so it doesn’t matter which controller… Seems like the problem comes from RetroArch.

Ok, well, that should at least be easy enough to reproduce :wink:

We’ll look into it.

Alright thanks!

Hi all,

I am experiencing similar problems… Have 2 Logitech F710 controllers, both are detected and working in the emustation environment. Mario Kart SNES works excellent with two player (same for Donkey Kong), but in Super Mario World the second player is unable to control Luigi… Seems as if the controller input gets mixed up.

When I run the game I get the yellow text line for input 0 and input 1 using auto detect. Yesterday I accessed the retro arch menu and did a bind all for both users, but problem still occurs.

Would be great if this can be fixed, or point me out to another solution.

Kindest regards,

B