Multiple controllers and autoconfig

Hoping to get some help with this, I’ve got three different controllers and have 3 different autoconfig files working for an Xbox 360 wired controller, NES gamepad and SNES gamepad (original controllers with USB adapters).

I’ve got issues with the dpads on the NES and SNES controllers not working when input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = “1” is enabled in retroarch.cfg (similar to this issue it looks like: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/609).When I set the input_player1_analog_dpad_mode to 0 in retroarch.cfg, the dpads on the NES and SNES controllers work fine but the Xbox controller’s analog stick stops working. I’ve read that input_player1_analog_dpad_mode can only be changed in retroarch.cfg and not in the controller’s autoconfig files so I can only have one option selected. Any ideas on how to get all three working probably?

There’s a similar problem with input_enable_hotkey_btn, this doesn’t work in controller autoconfig files so I can only map it to one button in retroarch.cfg which presents difficulties with three different controllers, has anyone got any ideas for this too? Some help would be very much appreciated.

You can change both of those things via the in-game menu in settings > input settings or you could core-specific configs or game-specific overrides if you’re only going to use certain controllers with certain games/systems. If you’re using a launcher like emulationstation or hyperspin, you can setup different config files that get called for different cores by adding -c /path/to/config.cfg in your launch command.