Multiple controllers mapped to one RetroPad?

I have a -lot- (and I mean a lot) of Bluetooth and USB controllers for classic systems, most of which only have the original number of inputs (i.e. no “extra” buttons).

Ideally, on my Shield TV Pro (i.e. no touchscreen), I’d like to have the Shield controller and an alternate controller mapped per-core, so that I can use the Shield controller to get to the RGUI menu and navigate it (if the USB controller can nav/select, that would be fine too) - basically, the Shield controller should “always work” and the platform-specific USB controllers should work only when a specific core is active.

Is this possible? So far, I’ve only managed to get one-or-the-other working, which doesn’t quite work for RGUI (and, in fact, I’ve also failed thus far to get controller-per-core mapping working - even though I have separate configs per core, it seems that may not apply to input).

How’s everyone else managing this? =)

Rodney

RetroArch’s mapping is unfortunately pretty inflexible. You can’t do multiple-physical to single-virtual in any capacity (i.e., individual buttons or entire controllers). Core-specific configs should definitely work for input, but you can also do core overrides and core remapping.

See this page for details on the overrides and remapping: http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/