Multiple external controllers for multi-player cores via Shield TV?

Is it possible to use 2, like external controllers, in RetroArch? Searching the forum yielded had mixed results. I saw a post in July that covered multiple Shield Wireless Controllers both being hard assigned to Port 0, but I don’t know if that’s the same issue I’m having here.

I saw that I need auto config disabled, so I disabled that but no luck.

I’m trying to use two USB connected XBOX 360 joysticks (Hori Real Arace Pro EX) and stick inputs or button presses on one stick are being detected as the same inputs on the other stick. I tried following the steps in the following thread - New gamepad autoconf process (http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3550), but both sticks have the both VID/PID and I was hoping that the Input_Device would be where I could differentiate between P1/P2 with a #1 or #2. Unfortunately they don’t have any number following the controller name.

You should be able to go into settings > input player 1/2 binds > and set user 1/2 device index to something different for each (i.e., port #0 for P1 and port #1 for P2).

I think that’s where I’m getting stuck.

When I go down the User 1 Device Index, it’s listed as Hori Real Arace Pro EX with no port # or integer behind it. I can see that if I tap right on the stick it goes from NVidia Shield Gamepad to Hori Real Arace Pro EX then I can tap right again and it stays as Hori Real Arace Pro EX before going to my BT Keyboard. I assume that this is due to the two Hori Real Arace Pro EX’s plugged in.

I’ll get a screenshot when I get home tonight.

Odd, I just tried 4 player bomberman (with BT controllers + 2 Shield controllers) and it’s working fine for me. The only controllers that differentiate one from another are xinput controllers, both my NES30 pros show up without an extra number if both your pads are the same, then just scroll once to the right.

If you create autoconfs you’ll be able to do this once, and then get your controllers connected to the correct ports by hitting a button.

Ok so I see that if I scroll left/right on the two Hori names it toggles which joystick controls the Settings Menu. I saved out the autoconf, verified it wrote to the directory I configured for autoconfigs to save to but couldn’t get consistent results when doing a Bind Defaults All then restarting. Everytime I quit RetroArch after Binding Defaults All then going Quit, Quit, the subsequent launch set my Sheild controller as the Input 1 controller (with menu access). I’m sure the problem exists between the keyboard and the chair on this one, I’ll get it figured out sooner than later.

Thanks guys, got it working. Looks like I was making my changes to the wrong working directory. I was making all my changes and placing some configs in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files all the while I was loading other configs in RetroArch via the menu to /data/data/com.retroarch