Multiple Nvidia Shield Wireless Controllers

Has anyone had any success on assigning additional Shield wireless controllers to different ports? It seems the Shield controllers always get mapped to port 0. I have been using the nightly Android builds since January but this behavior has never changed. I noticed an issue that was tracked and closed in February that indicated this was going to be addressed. Perhaps there is a reason this can’t be done or there is a way to force a controller to a different port that I am unaware of. Just looking for some insight.

Perhaps remove the hard assign to port 0 and use conditional port assignment similar to how TTT THT is currently handled until it can be implemented better…

if (*port == 0)
strlcpy(name_buf, "NVIDIA Controller (User 1)", sizeof(name_buf));
elseif (*port == 1)
strlcpy(name_buf, "NVIDIA Controller (User 2)", sizeof(name_buf));

Hey, you’re exactly right that it was the forced assignment to port 0 that was causing the issue. That was a hacky solution added back when the shield portable first came out. I believe it got fixed last night, so it should be resolved in either the next nightly or in the upcoming 1.2.1 release on the Play store.

Perfect. After looking at it again I guessed that’s why it was done. I’ll look out for the nightly. Thanks.

I noticed the change and tested the 7-13 nightly. All good now. Thanks!

Awesome. Thanks for testing/confirming!