Mupen64 and RA 1.5

Hi all,

Having 2 issues not related to each other. First issue is how come I cant move in and out of menus in the new 1.5 version of retroarch. z and x are simply not working. The second is how come the new mupen plugin doesnt have and customizable graphics plugins and the graphics while looking more accurate lags a bit even on a decent system. Also it changes my button config for some reason (b is a and a does nothing) on my mayflash to usb using real n64 remote. Obviously I went to a previous core that gives me the results I want but I like to stay current if possible.

We did a little renaming shuffle with the N64 cores. Now, the one that used to be called mupen64plus-libretro is called ParaLLEl-N64 and it still has the various graphics plugins.

The core that used to be called GLupeN64 is now called mupen64plus-libretro. This is usually the preferred core for general use but the other core still works if you need it.

So is the parallel core that was lle and vulkan now dead or did that move to something else. Also what is the deal not being able to use the keyboard selector keys in 1.5

The ParaLLEl vulkan renderer is folded in with the HLE plugins. You can choose it from the core options menu.

The default keyboard mapping changed to have Enter as accept and Backspace as cancel (we had to do it for the RPi NOOBS people to include Lakka for some reason). You can go back to the old behavior by enabling settings > input > unified menu controls.

Ah ok got it I will check it out, one more question about RA 1.5. Im wondering how to do per core config files like in previous versions. In my environment I have USB adapters for every system to use the native controller and with 1.3.6 it works perfectly in this way. In 1.3.6 I can set max players to 14 since I have 14 different controller inputs plugged in. Then in each core I select player 1 and 2 the appropriate input and then set the buttons and never look at it again, thus creating an authentic experience as if I had the actual system setup. Thoughts?

You can either load a new config through the menu or use a launcher like hyperspin or whatever to pass entire configs using the -c /path/to/config.cfg CLI switch.

We switched over to the override system and removed per-core configs because it was a buggy mess that caused a lot of weird issues. There are a few edge-case applications–like yours–that aren’t possible with the overrides but its behavior is at least predictable.