Mupen64 - Conkers Bad Fur Day - Button missing on "Its War" level

Hi All,

I have been playing conkers bad fur day and have reached the “its war” level. I am at the point where you have to push the blue guy with the TNT strapped to his back.

I can push the guy to the correct point and the animation of him sitting down is shown. At this point you are supposed to run to the middle of the map and click on a context sensitive button so you can use the slingshot to light the fuse on the TNT.

Unfortunately when I run to the middle of the map the “B” button symbol is missing on the ground. Without it the game cannot be progressed any further.

Has anybody experienced this before? Any ideas on how to progress? I have tried using pure interpreter as an option and using different graphics backends but nothing seems to fix it…

I am using Linux (Fedora 25).

Note:

Video showing how it should work:

Thanks.

The glupen64 core should be able to emulate this game quite accurately, but you’ll need a decent GPU.

Thanks for your response. I have tried the glupen64 core and it suffers from the same issue. I suspect that this is a mupen issue. I will have to create a bug on github for the master mupen64plus branch.

Note: If anyone has some spare time and is willing to test on a windows machine. Load the game and navigate to settings (fireplace) > select cheats > enter “WELDERSBENCH”.

This will unlock every level. Goto the chapters section and choose the lever called “its war”. Just run to the middle of the map where he lamp post is. There should be a concrete block with a ‘B’ symbol on it.

Ignore everything I have said…

The only problem with this game is me. I didnt realise i need to go into the water and use the eel to energise the platform. The game works perfectly.

The player on the other hand is a fool.

Move along, nothing to see here…

lol these things happen. Glad you got it worked out :slight_smile: