Mupen64 core ta not working

He worked always perfectly there after releases of August 20 here, is or black screen or misaligned image on the screen and down and to the right, I had not made up the colors, and those who download the retrarch now as it does not come with colors will catch it already with mupen not working?

A tip would not give to add N64oid with retroarch it is a great emulator n64, is what I’m more used in the MX3-G android box to run the n64 games, and has run the n64 games great-speed and a great compatibility, who has having trouble with mupen 64 look for N64oid that will solve the problem.

Well, I dunno about N64oid, but I’m keeping an eye on the nightlies at the moment for updates and still looking forward to a fix. I still get simply just a black screen when attempting to run anything N64, where before, around the 20th August or thereabouts it was running beautifully.

Note to the devs: I am not criticising or otherwise trying to be unhelpful. I am simply posting up occasionally with my experiences in the hope they may be useful. I like Retroarch to be my central main program for emulation, and I’d like that to continue.

As I spot updates on your nightly feed, I update my box accordingly. I have seen several recent updates and applied them all but the issue remains unchanged. If there is anywhere else you’d like me to post up rather than here I will do my best to help. Many thanks for your continued hard work. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Spielvan;46865]He worked always perfectly there after releases of August 20 here, is or black screen or misaligned image on the screen and down and to the right, I had not made up the colors, and those who download the retrarch now as it does not come with colors will catch it already with mupen not working?

A tip would not give to add N64oid with retroarch it is a great emulator n64, is what I’m more used in the MX3-G android box to run the n64 games, and has run the n64 games great-speed and a great compatibility, who has having trouble with mupen 64 look for N64oid that will solve the problem.[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing n64old??

Also in complete agreement with Raggedy man. I have been watching the nightlies like a hawk hoping one of these latest updates gets mupen64 core working on my shieldtv

Yes, although I post up issues like this it doesn’t mean I am critical or negative. I’m trying to be helpful. :slight_smile:

Someone recommended Mupen64Plus FZ elsewhere but this did not work well for me on my device despite trying various settings. Plus it is not as nice as a central point and not as capable as Retroarch, which has been constantly improving for some time and is now a very important package imho. ParaLLEl looks amazing, and there is still a place for Mupen64Plus, and hopefully this will be fixed in time here.

[QUOTE=epayson85;46871]Where are you seeing n64old??

Also in complete agreement with Raggedy man. I have been watching the nightlies like a hawk hoping one of these latest updates gets mupen64 core working on my shieldtv[/QUOTE]

It does not have the google play but only put in google search n64oid, but it is easy to achieve.

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_64_Emulators/Android/N64oid(Update)/383

[QUOTE=Raggedy Man;46872]Yes, although I post up issues like this it doesn’t mean I am critical or negative. I’m trying to be helpful. :slight_smile:

Someone recommended Mupen64Plus FZ elsewhere but this did not work well for me on my device despite trying various settings. Plus it is not as nice as a central point and not as capable as Retroarch, which has been constantly improving for some time and is now a very important package imho. ParaLLEl looks amazing, and there is still a place for Mupen64Plus, and hopefully this will be fixed in time here.[/QUOTE]

N64oid has a much better performance than mupen64plus and greater compatibility for my tests.

N64oid is a version of mupen64plus pc , why it works so well is partly because of the possibility of skipping frames to 10. It is not 100% compatible , many games run in mupen 64 and not in N64oid . what retroarch does not have is a way that users do frameskip pitifully .

I actually ended up getting the new glupen64 core working from loganmc. It’s working slick so far! Much better than mupen64 fz and no sound lag compared to what I was getting on mupen64 plus ae.

Already have this core “loganmc” available for retroarch android 5.1.1?

For me the glupen Core works worse than mupen plus fz. I don’t notice any difference in sound latency. Perhaps sound latency depend on the device.

I tried glupen Core and for me it’s worse than mupen plus fz. In mupen plus fz i have better perfomance in higher resolutions and i don’t notice any sound latency, glupen Core sounds the same for me. Though it will depend on each device i guess.

FZ a no-go for me on my device, despite 2Gb RAM and 1.8Ghz Quad processor. OK I know there’s faster out there nowadays but I still expected better.

Glupen is better, but still not great with some audio lagging. Tweaked a couple of settings (which, I don’t know - who knows what they are!) and it got better, but it was still nowhere near as good as the supplied Mupen64Plus was that was already in Retroarch pre-August 20th.

Keeping an eye on developments for now. Luckily my Pi 3 with Retropie is still working well despite a lower default resolution (touch wood).

Heads up - Glupen64 is available from the nightly updater, and seems to run very well indeed. I would still love to see Mupen working, but it cannot be denied this is a great and very welcome addition. Thank you to the devs. :slight_smile: