Mupen64plus Core CPU Option

Hello!

I’m having some issues getting the Retroarch branch of mupen64plus to save the “Core CPU” option—no matter what I set it to, it always reverts to “dynamic_recompiler.” Any ideas as to how to fix the issue? All other settings changes in the mupen64plus core options menu save just fine.

Dunno why that would be happening but the easiest thing to do is just manually edit the retroarch-core-options.cfg file with a text editor.

I had tried that before, and it reverted. Regardless, I just tried it again, and upon launch and checking into the config, it showed “pure_interpreter” which is what I manually set it as. Awesome. However, I closed out of the menu without changing anything, and the next time I opened it, it was back to “dynamic_recompiler.”

Thoughts?

Dunno, maybe the library was compiled with only the dynarec for some reason? I guess you could try changing it and then setting the core options file to read-only /shrug

Hmmm… Is there a way to verify whether it’s running under “pure_interpreter”? I’d hate to go to the hassle of setting things as read only for no reason—especially given the fact that it’s not uncommon to have to change up settings on a game-by-game basis.

Also, if for some reason it was compiled without the other options, is there somewhere I should submit a ticket to try and get the other options enabled?

Hmm. Dunno how you would verify, outside of it being super-slow…

Probably the best place to file a ticket would be the buildbot repo but it would be helpful to know which platform you’re on, as there may be a reason why the interpreter isn’t being built (if that’s indeed what’s happening).

I’m on Windows 10 x64. Looking at the mupen64plus repo, it mentions:

"To enable a dynarec CPU core you must pass the WITH_DYNAREC value to make:

make WITH_DYNAREC=x86 make WITH_DYNAREC=x86_64 make WITH_DYNAREC=arm"

Is it possible the issue is with it being built for x64?