Mupen64Plus Core crashes RetroArch instead of opening

And I’m on Kit Kat, so it’s not Jellybean specific.

Radius, are you sure you updated the core on your tablet?

I was just confirming its not Lollipop/Kitkat specific.

Ok guys, I have a very easy solution to this problem that doesn’t even require root access.

1. Open “retroarch.cfg” inside your “Android\data\com.retroarch\files” folder.
  2. Look for the line that says core_updater_buildbot_url = “http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/
  3. Substitute “latest” with “2015-10-20_cores”
  4. Save the file
  5. With Retroarch core updater, download the Mupen64 core you can see now, which is the one from 20th october.
  6. If you want, you can change back “2015-10-20_cores” to “latest”, but don’t update your Mupen64 core anymore.
  7. Enjoy your working N64 roms!

The 10/20 Cores are no longer listed, making this solution obsolete. There are over 1000 views to this thread, probably making it a widespread thing. The current core isn’t working for me. thanks

I think the devs should do a “revert commit” update to use that version as an update,that way it can be solved more simply for now until they work out the issue and fix it for real.

revert commit to what? noone has pinpointed the first bad commit

maybe to 10/20 cores?

I’ve just tried nightly and stable RetroArch versions in my new GPD XD and both crash when I try to open a N64 rom with Mupen64 core. Is any info I can contribute to solve this issue?

I haven’t had the issues the earlier part of this thread spoke about. it insta-crashed on N64 rom loading for me on a new Android device, the dynarec seems broken on arm64 devices, or something. You can still play N64 roms by getting the retroarch-core-options.cfg file from the RetroArch folder in your main storage (I think you have to run a game from another core or something else, first, but I could be wrong), and adding this line in: [mupen64-cpucore = “cached_interpreter”] without brackets.

I think pure_interpreter would work too but haven’t tested it. Hopefully that works.

Hizza! 12/6 update is the fix!!! Thx RetroArch Devs… We do love you… (=