Mupen64Plus Core crashes RetroArch instead of opening

Sorry in advance as I know I post a lot of very noobish stuff here.

Whenever I try to run any game through Mupen64Plus Core, it will fail. I’ve determined it isn’t the games as they will all work through other emulators, although I’d like to keep most of my games within RetroArch. Any ideas?

There could be a lot of things going on. We’d need a log to make any sort of educated guess. To get a log, you’ll need an external logcat program or adb logcat from a computer.

A mediocre guess would be that you have it set to run Rice as the GFX plugin. I have never been able to get any game to run with Rice. I hate that fact because Rice is supposedly the fastest plugin. Also,Glide64 needs an extra menu option for disabling the “read every frame” setting to make it not run horrendously slow.

Edit: Hooray! Rice actually works,though text is garbled,at least it actually works now. Still need an option to disable “read every frame” for Glide64.

The only way I managed to fix this was reinstalling completely the stable version of Retroarch (1.2.2) I tried everything before…

How about using the core updater to download the Mupen core again? That’s what I did to get the changes with 64DD options and with the Rice plugin working but with the old issue of the garbled text.

How do I set a GFX Plugin? And thanks for the advice.

You can set it in the core options (load content, go back to quick menu > core options) or if you’re getting instant crashes such that you can’t even get into a game, you’ll need to set the core option manually in the retroarch-core-options.cfg

You can see which options are available here: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Mupen64Plus

You can set some options in some other core to see what a properly formatted option looks like.

If you are quick enough and it has pause enabled,you can reach the menus right after selecting a game and then change the GFX plugin within core options. Or if any game boots briefly,you have a small chance to open the menu from it,change the GFX plugin,and then exit retroarch to save the changes before it can crash. Will angrylion’s GFX or the RSP “cxd” ever work on Android?

Not likely. Angrylion’s plugin doesn’t get full speed on an overclocked i7.

Crashing for me as well in the latest core update.

Latest N64 core is instacrash, Oct 20th is the last stable core.

Can’t really give any details other than that, commit between the 20th and 21st.

[QUOTE=Zaneris;29744]Latest N64 core is instacrash, Oct 20th is the last stable core.

Can’t really give any details other than that, commit between the 20th and 21st.[/QUOTE]

New_dynarec is really awful, awful code to have to maintain.

Guess I will just switch to the latest mupen64plus sources for it. It will kill IOS compat and probably be Android-only but oh well, I can’t be bothered anymore and it isn’t like dynarecs work on latest iOS anymore anyway.

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;29854]New_dynarec is really awful, awful code to have to maintain.

Guess I will just switch to the latest mupen64plus sources for it. It will kill IOS compat and probably be Android-only but oh well, I can’t be bothered anymore and it isn’t like dynarecs work on latest iOS anymore anyway.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure the android user base dwarfs iOS anyway since they need to be jailbroken.

I can’t get the mupen64plus core to open after updating it. DAMMIT! I think we need an option to start cores while keeping them paused so you can change settings before it craps itself and MAYBE be able to actually boot somethng! I wanted to test the speeds in the updates and I also wanted GLideN64 to finally be added in some way. If it was the old dynarec before,you should have kept it as an alternative just in case. I think I set it to pure interpreter and it still doesn’t boot after that,so maybe this… It may be something to do with audio buffer settings being added causing something to break immensely in the other settings.

[QUOTE=retroben;29956]I can’t get the mupen64plus core to open after updating it. DAMMIT! I think we need an option to start cores while keeping them paused so you can change settings before it craps itself and MAYBE be able to actually boot somethng! I wanted to test the speeds in the updates and I also wanted GLideN64 to finally be added in some way. If it was the old dynarec before,you should have kept it as an alternative just in case. I think I set it to pure interpreter and it still doesn’t boot after that,so maybe this… It may be something to do with audio buffer settings being added causing something to break immensely in the other settings.[/QUOTE] I’ll upload the last working ARM core if it’s still broken. Believe you’ll need root to access the directory with the cores though.

Happens with 27th nightly too

Working arm core. Goes in /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/

I also get instacrash on Mupen64Plus core.(ShieldTV)

[QUOTE=retroben;29956]I can’t get the mupen64plus core to open after updating it. DAMMIT! I think we need an option to start cores while keeping them paused so you can change settings before it craps itself and MAYBE be able to actually boot somethng! I wanted to test the speeds in the updates and I also wanted GLideN64 to finally be added in some way. If it was the old dynarec before,you should have kept it as an alternative just in case. I think I set it to pure interpreter and it still doesn’t boot after that,so maybe this… It may be something to do with audio buffer settings being added causing something to break immensely in the other settings.[/QUOTE]

I want a Ferrari.

That said, It works fine for me in my shield tablet but not on my shield portable so it seems lollipop related

I’m on 4.2.2 Jellybean and it no longer runs.