Mupen64Plus crashes on iOS 8.4 with dynarec enabled, why?

Yes I know that if you change core option to cached interpreter it works, and it works but it’s very laggy with stuttering sound, and I know to fully run N64 games it will need dynamic recompiler to do that, but iOS 8.4 fully supports dynarec, pcsx rearmed fully working with it enabled , so anyone have this problem and somehow got it fixed?

I think I remember reading some on the forum, some mentioning that it actually depends on which jailbreak you used. If you used taiG, then you are good and dynarec is working. But if you used Pangu then you are out of luck, because it broke dynarec.

I’m not 100% sure! but I think I remember reading that in some other topic.

[QUOTE=zenjiki;30591]I think I remember reading some on the forum, some mentioning that it actually depends on which jailbreak you used. If you used taiG, then you are good and dynarec is working. But if you used Pangu then you are out of luck, because it broke dynarec.

I’m not 100% sure! but I think I remember reading that in some other topic.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, i think most of the people is using TaiG since it supoorts Dynarec.

My iOS 8.4 is definitely jailbroken with Taij, like i said before pcsx rearmead is fully working with dynarec enabled

Well at least you have Dynarec working, in here 64bits ios 9 devices are not allowed. �� You dont have any other device were you can test iOS 9 pangu jailbreak, i have read from AngelxWind that Dynarec is working for 32Bit ios 9 devices. Because Kernel is being patched, but only on 32Bits!

I’m on 8.3 TaiG and I can confirm that the dynarec is fully functional in psxreARMed, but crashes N64. I just edit the retroarch-core.cfg file using iFile. Aside from the first couple of seconds, the cached interpreter works fine. Let me know if you want me to test anything.

Have you tested the core (mupen64plus) from version 1.001 of RA I think we should give that a try. I have the deb file i will extract it and see what I can do with it.

I tested it and it’s working i copied the core , then tested it with latest vereion of retroarch and it worked with dynarec enabled

how can you tell what your device was jailbroken with? Pangu or Taig?

It would depend on what iOS version you’re on. There’s generally one jailbreak utility per iOS version. The only gap in JB’s is 8.4.1, which has a DYI script but no bootstrap to install Cydia, so it’s not considered a complete jailbreak. I was able to get the dynrarec to work on Mupen64 with the TaiG jailbreak (iOS 8.3), by modifying the config file on RetroArch 1.3.2 (newest stable build)

Here are the current (8.x and higher) jailbreak utilities:

iOS 9.2 and iOS 9.2.1 do not have a jailbreak. Pangu (@PanguTeam) untethered jailbreak for 9.1, 9.0.2, 9.0.1, and 9.0 (for Windows and Mac). (9.1 for 64-bit devices only) iOS 8.4.1 does not have a jailbreak. TaiG (@TaiG_jailbreak) untethered jailbreak for 8.4, 8.3, 8.2, and 8.1.3 (for Windows and Mac).