Mupen64plus menu toggle

I can’t open the retroarch menu while in game. I’m using windows 7, Retroarch 1.3.4, and my ‘menu toggle gamepad combo’ is set to ‘L3 + R3’. I’m using a xbox one controller. Can someone help me figure this out, please? My input binds are mixed up, I’d like to maybe access the cheats options, and I’d really like to play with the shaders or maybe load some hi-res textures in Ocarina and Goldeneye. I’m not super technically inclined but I feel like I should be able to figure this stuff out. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

What’s wrong with your inputs? If they’re not mapped properly, it makes sense that the button combo isn’t going to work as expected. Once you get the your inputs sorted, you should be able to get into the menu to play around with shaders.

To my knowledge, the mupen64plus-libretro core doesn’t support loading high-res texture packs.

I tried re-mapping them a couple of times. It works on the SNES and NES emulators. It’s set on ‘retropad w/ analog’ but I’ve also tried just ‘retropad’. Should there be two cores for mupen64plus? I’ve seen mention of a mupen64plus-lr, but I don’t see that on my online updater.

that stands for mupen64plus-libretro. It’s the only one.

I think official xbox one pads are supposed to be autoconfigured, so you should need to do anything, IIRC…

Right. I got it from Best Buy, and like I said R3 and L3 are working for other emulators. I’ve re-updated the core…maybe it’s configured for windows 10 now and that’s causing problems?

Can you try 2 things for me?

1.) go to the online updater and update your autoconfig profiles, just to make sure you have the latest ones.

2.) if that doesn’t help, try moving your retroarch.cfg somewhere else so RetroArch can’t find it. Then, make a copy of your retroarch-default.cfg and rename it to retroarch.cfg and then open RA. This will give you a clean config, so we can rule out any weird config conflicts.

Okay, I’ll give that a shot and let you know. I may not get an opportunity until tomorrow, but I do appreciate your help so far.

Awesome that worked! Thanks so much!

w00t! Glad that got you fixed up :slight_smile: