- Mupen64plus/ - mupen64plus.ini - shaders/

hi all dont know if this is the right place to ask this ? but where can i dload the folder - Mupen64plus/ - mupen64plus.ini - shaders/ bear in mind i am new here many thanks

You don’t download it. Just create a ‘shaders’ directory inside of a directory named ‘Mupen64plus’ inside your ‘system’ directory. Then, if you enable the core option to cache GPU shaders:

Cache GPU Shaders (True/False)

When the option is enabled, plugin saves all new created shaders in a file. When user starts that game again, plugin loads all previously compiled shaders from that file and further gameplay goes smooth.

hi mate thanks for the reply but how do i do that?cos im new to this is there a step by step guide or can you explain ?thanks

• List item

Use some kind of file manager program, like ES File Browser, and then go into wherever your ‘system’ directory is (you can check that in settings > directory; if it’s not set to anything [i.e., <default>], you’ll need to make a directory somewhere on your internal storage and then point that setting to it). Then, inside your system directory, make the directory structure I described above.

hi mate so i think i got if i go in to system folder in retroarch make a new folder called mupen64plus then inside that folder make another folder called shaders? if thats right how do i enable the core option ?

Yes, that’s right. Note: it’s Mupen64plus (i.e., capital letter; it matters).

Load the core and a game, go back into the quick menu while in-game and look for ‘options’. In that menu, you should one called “cache GPU shaders”. Push to the right and it should enable it.

ok mate thanks for your help i will give it a go and let you know how it goes

do i make the folder shaders in capitals? and also do i need to put anything in the shaders folder?sorry for keeping on mate

mimic what’s in the docs: https://docs.libretro.com/library/mupen64plus/#directories

nothing goes in the shaders folder at first. The shaders populate as you play.

so what you are saying by populate it will put .ini file in there?

so i take it you have given up on me lol im going to try the first option now i will let you know how it goes and thanks for your help again

just a thought im using this on a fire stick so does cache GPU shaders still need doing?

No, I was just AFK. I do other things than provide free support :stuck_out_tongue:

The shaders aren’t an ini file. The ini file is for settings that aren’t exposed through the regular menu. You don’t normally need to mess with it. Caching GPU shaders will make the video smoother, as it won’t need to stall to compile the shaders, but it’s not necessary to make the core work, no.

ok didnt understand any of that lol what i was saying im on a fire stick using this so would i still have the cache gpu shaders option?

What device you’re using it on doesn’t really matter, but it’s clear that you don’t really know what the option does, and, paired with the fact that it’s non-essential, I would suggest not messing with it.

ok mate thanks and as for mimic whats in the docs how would i get mupen64.ini and shaders in to the system directory?

don’t worry about any of that right now. Those things are all nonessential. You don’t need any of it, typically. They’re only for specific purposes.

When you started the thread, I assumed you needed it for those specific purposes, but I take it you just were under the impression you needed them for it to even function, which isn’t the case.

ok mate thanks have you any idea why i would have sound stuttering on some 64 games?

That usually means you’re dropping frames. If you turn on the fps display in settings > onscreen display > onscreen notifications, does it fluctuate when you hear stuttering?

hi mate sorry only just got back where is fps?ive found onscreen display/notif