Mupen64Plus, "original" framerate, and VSync

This is a somewhat fiddly question, so bear with me :wink:

I was messing around with Rayman 2 this morning, and I was running into problems. Everything would be fine for a few minutes, then the audio started stuttering abruptly and the game ran at maybe half-speed. I could temporarily recover from this state by fastforwarding or toggling between windowed and full-screen, but after another minute or so it would regress. I dug around for a while, thinking that I was having performance issues with a shader or something like that, but I found that I can do either of two things to correct the problem:

1. In the Mupen64Plus core options, I can set the framerate to ā€œfullspeedā€ (default ā€œoriginalā€) ā€“ Retroarch reports a framerate that fluctuates in the 30s and 40s when this is set to ā€œoriginalā€, but stays at a solid 60 if I set it to ā€œfullspeedā€. This is a fine workaround, but I prefer the more authentic look of ā€œoriginalā€.

OR

1. I can turn off vsync. This is not ideal for obvious reasons, but the game plays at the correct speed and the sound doesnā€™t skip.

Whatā€™s going on here? Is the audio synchronization getting confused by Mupenā€™s reported framerate? It seems like there should be a way for Mupen to emulate the game at the ā€œrealā€ framerate while still drawing to Retroarch at 60fps. (Iā€™m not literate on how Libretro delegates getting a frame from the core so forgive me if this is nonsense)

I tested this on the 10/28 Beta and the 12/25 nightly.

Any help on getting this working right is very much appreciated!

edit: Grammar.

Bumping this, have the same issue.

I GOT IT!!!

How to run enulator at full speed

1.) Choose Rom and go in-game. 2.) Open the core menu through the iOS interface by touching any open space between the retroarch icon button. NOT the button itself!!! 3.) Open ā€œSettingsā€ and just scroll through the settings. Donā€™t make any changes 4.) Leave menu and resume emulation.

You will notice the scale of the resolution shrink a tiny bit (not enough to cause a huge difference), but you will have a PERFECT frame rate and refresh rate.