Mupen64plus resolution problem / Can't save core settings

I’m not sure what I did, but for some reason when I change the resolution settings in mupen64plus, I don’t get the intended results. A couple days ago when I selected 1920x1440, I got a beautiful looking full picture. But now, when I select any resolution larger than 640x480, the screen size of the game gets smaller. 1920x1440 takes up just a small square in the bottom left hand corner. If I choose a small res, like 320x240 then the game screen gets huge and goes off screen.

Also, for some reason, whatever core settings I change don’t stick. It resets itself to the default settings everytime I leave leave the game and start it up again. That’s new also, as It was working fine last week saving my changes on exit.

I’m using RocketLauncher. Windows 7 pro 64bit Dell 8700 series with i7 core processor 8gig ram Direct 11 is installed. (I just verified that using windows dxdiag)

I did upgrade to retroarch 1.2.1 but the problems appears on my old retroarch and new one.

Anyone help?

Not sure why your settings aren’t saving, but the resolution changes won’t look right until you exit and come back. Perhaps the settings aren’t saving because it’s crashing silently when you exit?

Thanks for your quick response!

I’ve tried going into the retroarch-core-options.cfg with notepad++ and manually put in the changes. As soon as I load up a game, the settings are reverted back before I made changes. I’ll make a change in the config file, save it, load up a game and pull up the retroarch-core-options file again and the manual changes I just made are reverted back to the original. Not sure why it saves default settings when loading up and overwrites my changes.

I made some more progress. When I use retroarch 1.2.1 by itself, the settings stick. It doesn’t save it in the config directory though I’ve noticed. it saves in the root directory.

My saved settings not loading up appears to be a RocketLauncher issue. Even if I copy the retroarch-core-options.cfg to the config directory, RocketLauncher still loads up retroarch with the default 640x480 settings.

I got it working. Don’t know how, but the file mupen64plus_libretro.dll.cfg was in my config directory. I noticed from the RocketLauncher logs that mupen64plus_libretro.dll.cfg was being read. I just removed the file and it everything works perfectly again. Thanks again for the reply hunterk

Ah, yeah, you must have had core-specific configs turned on, which creates those configs. Glad you got it working :slight_smile: