Mupen64plus speed

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the mupen64plus core, I just can’t get it to work properly.

I don’t have the best system, but some games are extremely slow while my CPU is only at 30% load. Since the CPU is not the culprit it may be my graphics card which is too slow. I am actually not sure, my graphics are indeed slow, it’s just a Intel HD Graphics (BayTrail), but if I disable vertical sync those slow games run fine, some games seem to run at twice their intended speed or even more, like they are fast forwarded.

I also tried to set the audio output to 44100 instead of 48000, this made it a little bit better.

What is this? Is this my system? When I turn on video hard sync, which is supposed to be very demanding, I doesn’t get slower than without hard sync, what could this be?

You could try disabling vsync and using the settings > frame throttle > limit maximum run speed set to 1x.

Thank you, but I usually don’t use the GUI, could you please tell me what option this is in the config file retroarch.cfg?