Mupen64Plus unplayable on Android

Hi, sorry about the double post, it only just occured to me this might be the better place to ask my question!

I’m loving retroarch, it feels like a childhood dream come true.

I’m having issues with the Mupen64Plus core on Android (Nexus 5x). It is incredibly slow on any plugins and settings I could tinker with, up to the point of making most games unplayable even with Rewind disabled and at the lowest resolution possible. However, the standalone app Mupen64Plus AE is beautifully fast, rendering all games at smooth full speed on my device’s native display.

Someone suggested to me that I should try Glupen, however Glupen fails to load all of my roms (black screen on load and then crashes instantly).

Is there something I am missing? I’ve been googling a lot but it seems like most people experience the exact opposite (the retrolib core is faster than the mupen app).

Thanks in advance! =)

Android’s a performance crapshoot. The same program’s performance can vary wildly from device to device or even on the same device depending on OS version or even time since last reboot. If Mupen64Plus AE is working better for you, it’s probably best to stick with it.

Try this: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4985&p=33970&viewfull=1#post33970

Are you trying GLupeN64 or GLupeN64 GLES3?

GLES3 won’t work until RetroArch 1.3.7 is released