My P10 Plus phone become ULTRA slow in Retroarch at 59% battery life..

Hi everyone! My P10 Plus become ULTRA slow in Retroarch when the battery is drained to 59% on Oreo 8.0.0 Even with Fceumm Nes emulator, its like 10-20% speed. i use retroarch for years on android and PC i know retroarch options very well.

The same thing happen on Nougat Android 7.0.0 before i updated my phone to 8.0.0 but the slown down happened at 20% remaning battery. But 59% is just not acceptable. i just made a small guide to root p10 plus on 8.0.0 SO im not too bad in computer stuff, YES all battery management is disable on my phone. So i have to charge my phone everytime the battery come to 59%, its not acceptable. i checked all p10 plus option and i found nothing. im rooted so i even try with busybox installed and device control or kernel control and i changed some options, i even try Performance governor without succeed. i forgot to say, that even on Oreo If the battery is drained to 20% i cant play any 3D android game anymore, like Riptide GP2, because at 20% the game become ultra slow and skip frames a lot, its unplayable at all. i can live with the 20% battery problem i guess… but the 59% battery remaning problem that cause slow down in Retroarch is not acceptable. But only at 20% that 3D games become sluggish. Please let me know if you have a idea. thanks so much. I would vert appreciated help, i love Retroarch so much!!!

note: i tried it several times, it only occur at 59%, before that, i can play in Retroarch NES, SNES, PS1 even ppsspp, n64 without problem.

Nothing we can do about that, unfortunately. It’s between your device and your OS to deal with power-savings/throttling.

thanks for answer, i understand. its sad i had several phones and no one did that. im playing right now with Retroarch all works great battery is at 96%. maybe i should rollback to Nougat 7.0.0. its seems the only way.

Never update something unless you really really REALLY have to. That’s my rule. Go back to the previous firmware and enjoy Retroarch as you should!