My setting for game inputs wont save. They change back

I am in a pickle with this when I go through retro arch set up the bindings and exit. The inputkeys are saved but. When I launch my front end Hyperspin which uses rocket Launcher all of my saved inputs are changed back WHAT AM I DOING WRNG??? Example if I change the fire button from Z to A I click F1 and the game works. Correctly the way I want with the correct fire button. I escape out of in rocket Launcher out of the Atari 2600. Go back to the same game and the fire. Button is changed back to z again. help!,

If Rocket Launcher is killing the RetroArch process, it doesn’t get a chance to write the config changes to file. Try setting it up without RL in the mix and exit RetroArch through the ‘quick RetroArch’ option in the menu.

When I bring up retro arch I can set it up anyway I like and it sticks. Time after time. But when I boot up my front end Hyperspin which goes thru rocket Launcher. To retro arch. I change it I see that it works. I exit. The console, go back to the console , and everything is reverted back.

shrug, we don’t support Rocket Launcher or Hyperspin here, just RetroArch. If it’s working inside of RetroArch, it’s doing what it’s supposed to do, as far as we’re concerned.

The only other thing I would suggest investigating is whether it’s loading some other config file at launch.

Hunter I up grade my game cab to the latest version of retro arch. I got to input > settings> autoconfig And there is no slider on the right to turn it on or off…so with new retro arch. How do you turn off auto config?..

I can probably help you with what could be causing your misconfiguration there since I also have Rocket Launcher and Hyperspin, first check if you have the correct config folder location according to the pictures below:

If the config folder is not there or is pointing to a nonexistent folder, browse to your Retroarch config folder and then check if your configuration is now working as it should.

If they’re OK, otherwise we’ll check other stuff to help you.

1 Like

JACKPOT!!! That did it. Everything is working great!!! THANK YOU!

2 Likes

I imagined it would be that, because RocketLauncher doesn’t kill the emulators processes, it only waits for them to exit depending on what you want it to do after, like fade outs, etc. So you can freely have even per game configurations launching them from RL and they will be saved as it would if you were using Retroarch alone.

For systems that use multiple cores, RocketLauncher can assign a core basically for each game, imagine you want the 100 best games of all time and want each game to be properly launched with its core or a standalone exe or emulator for a given game, you can have it without much hassle.

I made a Hacked Games systems some years ago, it has titles from NES, SMS, Gen, SNES, PC-Engine, Famicom Disk System, once you launch a game from Hyperspin, RocketLauncher will give you the right core, with your manually configured overlays and so on.