Myst in ScummVM - Some questions

I recently launched the ScummVM core and added Myst Masterpiece Edition to the list, the game works fine but there are a few issues.

1. The cursor shows rubbish. The rest of the graphics are perfect and I can use shaders with the core too but the cursor just shows a garbled square.

2. How can I launch the game directly without having to load the core like a ROM in a playlist? I made a “myst.scummvm” file but when I choose to load it with the ScummVM core, RA simply crashes.

3. I also tried launching the game on my Playstation Classic but all the graphics are broken.

Thanks!

myst.scummvm has to contain “myst” for the file contents.

Yes, like RobLoach says, inside the .scummvm file you should add the short game name, all games names are found in scummvm org. As for the cursor broken graphics, it’s been like this for quite some time now, If I remember correctly, the normal Myst doesn’t have this issue, nor does Riven, but the Masterpiece Edition does.

Thanks for the replies guys. Which file are you exactly referring to?

References are for the myst.scummvm file, open it as a text file and insert the short game name, in this case myst. In case you’d like to add other scummvm games, make sure you follow the short names from here:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Myst Masterpiece/myst.scummvm

Myst

C:/Emulation/Retroarch/cores/scummvm_libretro.dll

ScummVM

b0e2af30|crc

ScummVM.lpl

I made this file in the folder with the Myst installation but I only get a crash when I try to load it in RA.