n3DS - Settings to Achieve Full Speed Neo Geo Emulation with FBAlpha

Hey, everyone. Been having a lot of fun with all the modding and homebrew stuff with my n3DS. RetroArch is great and a real achievement on this little system. Almost every core I have loaded is working perfectly except for FBAlpha Neo Geo. My n3DS has Arm9LoaderHax installed on the sysNAND. I installed the CIA for FBAlpha Neo Geo and have zero problem running ROMs. The games start just fine but not too long into playing, I start getting sound skipping and framerate drops. The FPS varies from 50-60. It’s not awful but the sound skipping kinda ruins the experience.

I have default video and sound settings loaded (HW Buffering On, VSYNC On, 4:3 Aspect Ratio). I’m using the LQ2X video filter (which I use on every other core with no issues) and have tried other filters with similar or worse results.

Am I using the correct core? Are there different settings I should be using to squeeze out a little more performance? Any tips are appreciated. :smiley:

Turning off the video filter should give you a bit more CPU cycles to burn.

I thought so but actually I have no clue how to disable the video filter from within the menu system. Did some Googling and someone mentioned pressing start on the audio/video filter selection to clear it completely. Does that work on 3DS?

So that did work to clear the filter setting AND get me the extra performance needed! Doesn’t look quite as nice but playability is more important. I tried to save the blank filter setting to the core override but it doesn’t take. Each time I load a new game it resets the video filter to Retroarch’s default config setting (LQ2X). Any way to save the blank video filter to the specific core and have it stick?