N64 just crashes now... nothing I can think of fixes it

I was using RetroArch 1.3.4, and the Mupen64plus core.

Everything was working fine.

I did a completely fresh install of 1.3.6 and so far everything has worked perfect up to N64.

Now, whenever I try to start a game, it just crashes. You get the generic “windows is gathing” information crap, but nothing else. I’ve tried loading the core, and then the content, but it crashes as soon as you tell the game to run.

I DID try the old core I was using for 1.3.4, and the games will actually load and play just fine, BUT when I try to go to the RetroArch’s F1 menu, I get the exact same crash.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? It works fine for everything else thus far, and I want to play some Super Mario lol

Could be a plugin issue. You could try copying your retroarch-core-options.cfg file from your old installation to see if that makes it work any better.

That didnt do it either :frowning: now its happening with sega saturn too!

Is there some setting that would clash with these two? I set my default settings first and then load systems.

PSX is working…

We’ll need logs to know what’s actually going on.

how would I go about capturing the log? I ran the debug exe but it gave me info I didn’t understand lol

from a command line, run: retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1 then, take the contents of that file and put it somewhere like pastebin.com and then post the link here.

[QUOTE=hunterk;43917]from a command line, run: retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1 then, take the contents of that file and put it somewhere like pastebin.com and then post the link here.[/QUOTE]

I think that should be your signature. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=hunterk;43917]from a command line, run: retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1 then, take the contents of that file and put it somewhere like pastebin.com and then post the link here.[/QUOTE]

I’m feeling INCREDIBLY stupid…

I tried “C:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Multi\RetroArch\retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1”

As both a shortcut, and from the RUN box. Both times it just crashes before I can read the info. So I tried running it from cmd.exe and it loaded, and crashed as previously described…

Yet I see no log.txt anywhere… ?

I tried it from a cmd.exe running as administrator… but same results, no log file.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Inside your RetroArch folder Shift+Right click then ‘Open command window here’ then past that into the command window.

Ok I finally got that sorted, here’s the pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/bYUQ7Tjh

It’s crashing right after it sets the rewind buffer. Have you tried disabling rewind?

Yes, it currently has an issue initializing the rewind buffer which causes a crash. :frowning:

OMG I hadn’t even thought of that. I was convinced it was threaded video or hard gpu sync or vsync or something.

I knew it had to be SOME setting I had put on in the default config, I just had no clue what haha.

I’ll try that when I get home tonight, thanks guys!

Maybe the “Auto-load save states” feature crash your emulator, deactivate it before launching your game (Configuration>Saves)

Ok, so this totally fixed Sega Saturn, it’s running perfect now. (Well as perfect as the Yabuse core can be lol)

N64, it now boots, but if I try to pull up the RetroArch menu it crashes again. :frowning: Should I do another log file?

o.o if that’s on it most certainly shouldn’t be, I’ll take a look.

Yep, another log is needed.

This is insane lol.

So if I pull it up through Hyperspin>RocketLauncher>Super Mario 64 it gives the menu crash.

But if I do it the way to make the log… it’s fine…

I jimmy-rigged an oldconfig file to work with the rewind fix though so I guess it gets the job done haha.

Thanks for all your help on this one.

Random question but do you have shaders enabled for N64? I’m getting weird behavior similar to what you have whenever I enable shaders for the Mupen core (i get an all black screen with game sound, and the screen remains all black even when activating the RA menu).

Here’s my log: http://pastebin.com/pVcsfwQj

[QUOTE=atsumori;44614]Random question but do you have shaders enabled for N64? I’m getting weird behavior similar to what you have whenever I enable shaders for the Mupen core (i get an all black screen with game sound, and the screen remains all black even when activating the RA menu).

Here’s my log: http://pastebin.com/pVcsfwQj[/QUOTE]

Update your core.