N64 Mupen core

Hi,

I have just found out about retroarch and been trying to learn for 2 weeks of what I found online and through trial and error with the menu options. I had a couple questions dealing with the Mupen core as that is the one we are mostly using along with mame 2010.

1. After about 2 to 3 minutes, the Mupen core will freeze the game and then a notice saying “retroarch is not responding” which we click “ok” and it closes back to the home launcher. I recognized this also happens on the mame2010 core as well but it takes a slightly bit longer to crash at about 5 minutes. We are using a TV box Tronsmart r28 meta.

2. For the Mupen core I recognized that the graphics are very pixelated around the objects making for a blurry gameplay. Would someone share their settings to use to make it appear more clear.

Previous to the retroarch mupen core we use the n64oid emulator. The n64oid has very clear graphics and the gameplay is very smooth and does not crash. This goes for all the “oid” emulators we use. Any insight would help.

Thanks