nds help

Hello, im new to this and am having trouble starting the nds on the retroarch.I have dragon quest v - hand of the heavenly bride (us)(m3).7z that I downloaded from emuparadise and every time I try to load it all that pops up is the in game menu where it shows you the settings and content etc etc… Sometimes it sends me to the beginning. What am I doing wrong? I had initially downloaded dragon quest ix but the same thing happen so I delete it thinking the file was messed up. I also have StarCraft for the n64 and fire emblem for gba and they both run smoothly. I am running retroarch on my samsung galaxy s3. I’m a beginner on all this so please bare with me :slight_smile: Could it be that its a 7-zip instead of a regular zip? Thank you for any & all your help

Try decompressing it entirely before running it. That’ll minimize any risk of compression/write permissions causing a problem.

How do I do that??

Get an app called “7Zipper 2.0” and it can extract the file from your 7-zip.

Thank you very much, it worked! Woop woop:) Do you fellas have an idea why dragon quest ix didn’t work? I remember it had a nds. Zip. And Ithink a cfg. File but none of them worked when iI click on it?? Nevertheless thank you!

Ok, now I’m trying to figure out how to make it faster.I’ve Google it but it seems all the videos are directions for PC. Is it the same thing for android?I’ve tried to find the frame skip in the config but couldn’t. They also mention checking the dynamic recomplier and unchecking 3d settings. If anyone knows how to go about all this, can you help me out with some directions please. Ty, much appreaciated