NEC PC-FX core crashing with new RetroArch

Not sure what’s going on here, but I thought I’d report it, and maybe someone else might know what the issue is. It works fine on 1.6.7.

seems to be working fine here… what is exactly the error given? any logs? any troubleshooting you already did? or at least start with clean retroarch.cfg?

Alright here’s a log: https://pastebin.com/MqvJqcDq

I tried a new config file, that didn’t work. I tried using the old core from 1.6.7, that didn’t work. I tried changing every setting I could think of in video options, and changed the video driver, that didn’t work.

In the log as you can see it says something about “[INFO] [Video]: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames. [INFO] [Video]: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames.”

I got it working. I think I didn’t have my BIOS set to the right directory. I could have sworn I did that.

Ok, I figured it out.

Rewinding with this core is broken with the new RetroArch. If I make a core override, everything works fine. The old RetroArch has no issue rewinding this core.

Here’s a new log with the bios folder specified properly, but the core still failing because rewind is enabled.

https://pastebin.com/CzsvQ7sY

i never used rewind feature, and i dont think it worked before. just downgraded to 1.6.8 with rewind ON and pcfx crashes

It worked on 1.6.7. I never got 1.6.8 - I was waiting for an announcement, then saw that 1.6.9 was out today.

But yeah. It works fine on 1.6.7, and all previous versions of RetroArch. Something must have changed.

whats the git version of that

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I check that? :slight_smile:

Found it. Git version a235c0b

ok thanks. tracked it down… you are using windows 64 right?

That is correct.

lol @ the forum telling me my post needs to be at least 20 characters.

core should be fixed when buildbot updates.

2 Likes

Thank you so much wertz, I appreciate it.

I’m actually interested in this as well. I use rewind quite a bit… much to my wife’s amused mockery lol

So, just to clarify. The CORE is what needs to be updated for rewind to work again, right? Also, does the buildbot update each night or like, every week?

as soon as PR is accepted, a new buildbot core should be created. in the first few minutes or hours if there has been many more updated cores that time… as of this moment, pr not accepted yet probably bz

PS: forgive me, i may have mis-diagnosed the problem. issue is still here. please disable rewind for now while i try to track the issue. for the mean time, someone should post this issue with details to git page. thanks.

@Typhon do you still have copy of retroarch that rewind was working? can you confirm that indeed the rewind worked? Ok, nevermind… rewind does work… for now if really need the rewind function, turn it OFF while loading PCFX, when game is loaded, turn rewind ON and it should still work. This is just a temporary workaround.

1 Like

I went to github to post the issue, and noticed you already did. :slight_smile: Thanks wertz, hopefully we can get this sorted out.

commit has been made to fix this issue. @anon24419061 was kind enough have found the fix while i went nowhere HAHA.

anyways next buildbot update should contain new update or if you can, just compile the new commit…

1 Like

Working perfectly. Thanks @wertz and @anon24419061.