Need Help Getting USB controller to work (on riotboard) NES controller

hello im new to retroarch, but i had retropie up and running on my raspberry awhile back. This is alot harder… so im using Kit Kat on the riot board with whatever the latest nightly build is… i have nestopia going and some roms that are working fine with the keyboard but for the life of me the riotboard will not recognize my USB controller. I used it with retropie, it is just a standard generic classic style NES, USB controller. I dont know anything about config files or moving them… i figured out something about the autoconfig file being what i needed but i cant figure how to get one for my controller. I know my wording doesnt make much sense i suck at asking for help in forums, but basically i need steps to configure my controller. Somebody please, please help. thank you.

You’ll need to make an autoconfig profile for it (and hopefully submit it to the joypad-autoconfig repo on github when you’re finished :)) using the steps from this thread: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3550