Need help with mupen64 controls

hello I’m using retroarch 1.2.2 and I have set everything up apart from one issue. I’m trying to play goldeneye on mupen and initially the controls were messed up! I’m using a xbox 360 controller and the left stick is acting as both the analogue stick aswell as the c buttons! now I have been into the core remapping option on mupen and tried to change this but I have had no luck the left stick on my controller which is assigned n64 analogue is still acting as the c stick aswell. so when I move in goldeneye I’m moving and looking up and down at the same time. any one help me on this please and also how do I get 1080p resolution because its only giving me 1920x1440 thanks.

The c-buttons are supposed to be mapped to the right analog, so I would go to settings > player 1 binds and make sure your right analog stick is mapped properly.

For the resolution, I believe it’s just multiples of the native res, so they’ll always be 4:3, thus 1920x1080 isn’t going to be in there. Instead, just set it to match the vertical res as closely as possible.

Hey thanks for the reply I managed to sort it by changing “user 1 analog to digital type” to none before it was on left analog. I’m also having trouble scanning the directory for n64 roms. Super Nintendo sega genesis and nes have all worked but I can’t seem to get n64 to show up after scanning

Are your N64 ROMs from the No-Intro set? That’s where we get our checksums.

I’m not sure in all honesty is there a way I can check

Not really, other than just checksumming them and comparing with No-Intro checksums. To be honest, it’s generally easier to just procure a new set.

ok thank you

I’m having the exact same issue as the OP, but I’m not sure what i need to do to fix it. I’m new to Retroarch and have everything setup and this is my last issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Which issue? The controls? If so, make sure you don’t have analog-dpad enabled.

If it’s the resolution, you can change the internal res in the core options once you load a game.

[QUOTE=hunterk;32057]Which issue? The controls? If so, make sure you don’t have analog-dpad enabled.

If it’s the resolution, you can change the internal res in the core options once you load a game.[/QUOTE]

I do have analog dpad enabled, but I want that option for my other nes/snes/sega/etc. emulators. I just want to turn off analog dpad for n64…

You can do that with an override file. This blog posts talks about it some: http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/ There are also a number of threads here that cover it, including this one: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3707

so would i create a mupen64plus.cfg file in the config folder and put the following into it:

input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_player2_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_player3_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_player4_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_player5_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_player6_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_player7_analog_dpad_mode = “0” input_player8_analog_dpad_mode = “0”

EDIT: got it working by putting it into mupen64plus_libretro.dll.cfg