Need help with Retroarch's XMB UI and core selection issues

So I recently discovered Retroarch and am loving the shaders and various options this nifty emulator gives. But I am struggling with some of the features that I see showcased around on the web. 1.) How does one actually add games to the system list in the XMB menu? I can load the content fine by choosing “Load Content”, but the little system icon showcases none of my games and there’s no apparent way of adding them there with boxart and whatnot else. (Using Windows 8)

2.) When loading content through “Load Content” (NOT Detect Core), Retroarch will still switch the core to my SNES lib even though I selected FCEUMM, requiring me to delete the SNES core until I wanna use SNES game and vice versa.

Any suggestions and help with this? Been having a lot of fun playing some of my favorite games from my collection again with RetroArch so I hope asking for help doesn’t lead to too many face palms…

Same problem here (using Windows 8.1). So far, I’m loving the xmb/lakka menu, but the games just don’t appear bellow de system icons. I tried changing the path to a general folder (“content”) and also to different system folders, but it didn’t work.

Another question: how to change the xmb layout? In the “lakka assets” folder, there are some colored options for the system icons and a different background. It’s possible to change it?

It looks for files in the root of the hard drive it’s installed on. For example, if you are running RetroArch from “E:\retroarch” and you put a .sfc file at “E:”, it will display under the menu of any SFC-capable core. It does not appear to be reconfigurable at this time.

The XMB menu was originally designed for Lakka, a Linux distro that uses RetroArch. I believe they intend to expand upon the menu filtering options, in the future. Currently it is a little inconvenient even for users of Lakka to have any ISO appear under each disc-based system’s menu, and that’s the sort of thing I saw being discussed elsewhere.

Although, this issue suggests that it should already be reading from the configured content directory, instead. Issue 65 Maybe it’s only referring to the “load content” menu and not the system menus.